Initial Setup and Use
• It is a good practice to give certain parts of your V4 a clean with 91% rubbing alcohol before first use. The mouthpiece and top cover can be soaked in ISO once the O-rings have been removed. Be sure to lube the O-rings with food grade oil after putting them back on. Let completely dry before use.
• After your Battery is fully charged and your V4 has come to room temperature its time to move onto configuring the Box Mod, It is important to do this before attaching the Atomizer. You will find below the Wattage and Temperature settings for the Four Main Crucible Types, and the Configuration Steps and Button Commands for the Two Box Mods that Divine Tribe Sells below, these settings should apply across most Box Mods
Manufacturer Recommended Settings
Resistance should read between .43 and .52 for a new coil
User Community Sourced Settings
Quartz (Qtz) (48 Watts) ~ (420F – 450F) – (TC – Ni) Two(2) to Three(3) Full Preheats – [Ignore Temp Reading on First and Second Run, Pause two seconds after it says temp protection] Pulse Fire Button for 3/4 secs – Inhale while holding Fire Button. Continue to Pulse for 3/4 secs On/Off through session.
Titanium (Ti) (32 Watts) ~ (340F – 380F) – (TC – Ni) One(1) to Two(2) full Preheats Pulse Fire Button for 3/4 secs – Inhale while holding Fire Button. Continue to Pulse for 3/4 secs On/Off through session.
un-Polished SiC (uSiC) (35 Watts) ~ (340F – 360F) – (TC – Ni) One(1) to Two(2) full Preheats Pulse Fire Button for 3/4 secs – Inhale while holding Fire Button. Continue to Pulse for 3/4 secs On/Off through session.
Polished SiC (pSiC) (35 Watts) ~ (340F – 380F) – (TC – Ni) One(1) to Two(2) full Preheats Pulse Fire Button for 3/4 secs – Inhale while holding Fire Button. Continue to Pulse for 3/4 secs On/Off through session.
Wattage Mode: Some users like to use wattage mode. We recomend not going above 19 watts and pulse the fire button to never let the donut get rod hot. Using higher settings or not pulsing the button can damage the coil.
• Always start in a low setting and go up to find the best middle ground of flavor and clouds.
• Once the quartz is at temp, you only need to pulse the fire button to maintain that. If you ride it too long, you risk burning product and getting a bad flavor.
• The stock mouth piece will become hot during heavier use. It is recommended to order the 14mm attachment and use that as a mouth piece.Keep your sessions to under a minute. Wait a few minutes after a session before beginning a new one.
• Some users have found the soft tip vape covers help with the mouth piece heat. It slides perfectly over the stock mouthpiece and even acts as a more sturdy 14mm attachment. You will need to cut it so it fits. You can find these at your local vape. (credit u/stoned2_thebone)
• You can put a silicone tank band around the V4 to help with the heat on longer sessions. See this post for more information.
• Try twisting the cap with your thumb and index finger. This helps the vortex air intake stir the oil around.
• Make sure the cotter pin under your coil is not touching either of the metal posts. This will cause a short.
•If you are having an issue with your coil being loose or wobbly, please see this thread and video for a fix. The center pin in the V4 base needs to be adjusted. Making Sure Your V4 Ceramic Spacer Is Seated Properly credit: u/Uitpersen
Rebuilding and Cleaning The Atomizer
• Loosen heater wire post screws
• Lift heater and cup from posts
• GENTLY remove pin under ceramic spacer, Do not use force
• Torch clean quartz cup and ceramic spacer
• Do not torch clean donut heater or metal base
• Be sure to place pin in first before tightening down heater coil wires
• Lube O-rings with food grade oil
Maintenance and Base Cleaning
• Wet the end of a q tip. Get 1-2 drops of water in your bucket. At 300F fire your mod to boil the water. Use that same q tip to wipe out the carbon build up. Repeat as needed until clean.
•You can remove the o-rings, center post, and peek insulator, and soak the entire base in ISO. Here is a detailed visual breakdown of a completely disassembled V4.
• You can clean the donut by going to wattage mode and doing a series of pulses. It is recommended to go lower and a do a slower burn off as this preserves the coil. Check out the Ceramic Donut Cleaning Video
Here is a video that shows a full V4 disassemble. V4 Full Disassemble
Box Mod Instructions
• Pico 75 – Key Commands/Controls – Fire Button Three(3) Times – Power Mode Fire Button Four(4) Times – Wattage Setting Fire Button and Plus(+) Button – Atomizer Lock (Resistance/Ohms Lock)—
• Rim-C – Key Commands/Controls – Fire Button Three(3) Times – Power Mode Fire Button Four(4) Times – Wattage Setting Fire Button and Plus(+) Button – Atomizer Lock (Resistance/Ohms Lock)-
First thing we need to do is setup the Pico 25 for use with the dtv4, and before you attach your dtv4 it will need to be configure it for use, by quickly pressing the Fire Button Three(3) times brings the Pico into the Pico 25 into Nickel Temperature Control Mode.
Overall length – 59mm
Width – 21.8mm
Diameter at o-rings – 20.2mm
Steel drip tip diameter – 12.7mm
Drip Tip O-ring area – 10mm