Initial Setup and Use
The Quartz Quest is an advanced atomizer. It is recommended to see our YouTube channel for maintenance.
• Take Immediate Caution: Inner Heater Gets up to 500°F and can cause serious burns. Please be careful when handling the unit. Each part is replaceable, the whole unit can be rebuilt, there is no need to throw out the whole heater if one part breaks, we designed this with eco-friendly concepts.
• You will want to practice for the best experience possible. Each mod is unique and will need to be fine tuned to work with the Quest. Our suggestion to preserve the two ceramic heater coils is to start on a low setting and work your way up to a happy middle ground of flavor and clouds. Please see the Recommended Settings section below to set your mod.
• This is a LAYG (load as you go) atomizer. Place a small amount (2-5 hits max) of concentrate into the quartz heater cup.
• Place mouthpiece back onto the unit. Keep unit upright throughout the whole process do not tip or concentrates will pour out of the cup.
• Press button on the battery to start heating quartz cup, allow concentrates to bubble and start to show vapor then place lips on the mouthpiece and suck slowly.
• Be sure to maintain heat to quartz cup so vapor is produced throughout the session. Once heat is achieved with quartz cup let-off button to keep from burning or giving off foul high temp flavor.
• Always q-tip the bowl right after each session to maintain cleanliness and performance of your quartz heater.
• Wipe down and clean glass mouthpiece to avoid reclaim buildup in the pathway of vapor. Allow 3-5 minutes for the unit to cool down before next session.
Baseline Recommendation – Wattage 40-55w. TCR Value 280 using 49w to get to 500°F
Eleaf Pico – TCR – 300 using 50w to get to 500°f (pulse button after initial 10 seconds throughout the session)
Paranormal 166 – tcr .00240
ArcticFox on Pico – Big hits – TCR 300 / 50w / 500 degrees F / resistance locked at .24 ohms
ArcticFox on Pico – Low and slow(more accurate temperature, but longer heat-ups and more firing to keep bucket at temp) – TCR 225 / 45w / 520 degrees F / resistance locked at .24 ohms
LostVape Therion dna75c – 50 watts, r locked at room temp (0.238 for mine), Replay mode. Fire it til the load boils + 1 to 2 seconds. Let off. “Save Puff”. Subsequently (for fresh and partial loads, both) , just lay on the button til a few seconds before you’re ‘full’. Works better, than any combination of settings tried.
Voopoo Drag – For big hits, TCR 4913, 50w, 450, .24 resistance. It’s weird – the heaters are made of tungsten (typically TCR 450 or 4500 on GENE) but with the conversion chart it brings it to 4913. Even though the heater TCR is accurate, the heat value itself isn’t. TCR 2350/2400 is more accurate heat value-wise, but I ’m still liking the 4913 performance way more.
For more accurate temperature: TCR3450 – 50w – 480F
Rx2 21700 – TCR: 235 40w-45w 510°F-540°F
Installing New Ceramic Rod-Coil
Under the right settings these coils should last over a year, but when a coil burns out you can replace it by:
• Unscrewing the two screws that keep the coil wires fastened to the posts.
• Unscrew and gently pull the wire to remove from the post.
• Push ceramic rod through the hole at bottom of quartz cup.
• Pull new rod through and tighten wires to post.
• Be sure to unscrew screws enough to make room for the wire to feed through.
Please see the Divine Tribe YouTube Channel for videos with instructions on how to use, clean, and rebuild the unit.
Water Pipe Attachments For Quartz Quest
Orbit Bolt Glass Bubbler – You will need to use either the DC 3.0 or V4 O-rings for this to work. You may need to modify a carb cap to get a good seal. Here is a video of this setup in action: QQ Orbit Session
14mm and 18mm Glass Adapter Connector w/ Silicone Hose – You will need to use either the DC 3.0 or V4 O-rings for this to work. You may need to modify a carb cap to get a good seal.
Quartz Quest Specs
Overall length – 60.8mm
Width – 22mm
Inner mouthpiece diameter -18.4mm
Top mouthpiece diameter – 11.4mm